Job Purpose: Assist Program Management staff in the day-to-day execution of non-clinical medical product testing studies as assigned. Ensure that the required materials, supplies, resources and information are available when needed. Assist management or responsible Program Leadership in ensuring the requirements/tasks of the respective protocols and the execution of the actions/milestones called out in the corresponding project plan are achieved.
– Apply scientific principles in the use of protocols and scientific/test methods, and ensure accurate and timely reporting of data. Read, understand and integrate study proposals, protocols, policies, procedures, test methods. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
– Generate cost estimates for review and assist the accountable Program Leader with reconciliation of actual costs.
– Support provision of inputs for final deliverables on-time, on-budget and according to established quality standards. Assist Program Leaders, Business Development, and management staff to build, execute and monitor study timelines, budgets and deliverables.
– Present information to all levels of the organization, get commitment and achieve needed outcomes and objectives.
– Develop and apply working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices and best practices for medical product
– Develop ability to lead Non-Good Laboratory Practice studies of limited scope as Principal Investigator.
– Attend industry conferences and business meetings as needed fitting with the marketing plan in support of Program and Training Management and Business Development to generate and build customer relationships.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Engineering, or Medical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Work Experience: One to two years job related experience
Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of lab animal or pre-clinical biomedical testing in a contract research organization or academic laboratory; Working knowledge of medical product research work and project management; Demonstrated experience with basic office applications.
– Preferred Work Experience: Three to four years job related experience
– Preferred Skills: Preferred skills associated with this job include working knowledge of project management and accounting software applications; Working knowledge of Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, Good Laboratory Practice and United States Department of Agriculture protocol and regulations; Skills in cost center management, financial statements analysis, and strategic planning and forecasting; Ability to interact successfully with staff at many economic, educational, and professional levels within and outside the organization.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: management, internal and external staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: management, internal and external staff.