Job Purpose: Provide unit level support in the installation, operation and maintenance of a wide variety of applications within a diverse customer base. Position typically addresses highly complex issues using advanced system/infrastructural concepts and campus objectives and working with a high degree of autonomy. May manage project teams.
- Lead in understanding business needs of the unit supported to define new solutions and technology applications to serve them.
- Provide expert technical advice and/or leadership to technical teams.
- Diagnose and resolve highly complex technical problems with computer hardware, software and servers.
Identify and implement server replacement or upgrades.
- Analyze and resolve highly complex workstation, application and server related problems.
- Deliver technical related presentations to other systems support personnel and unit administrators.
- Develop and recommend standard operating procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
This job requires expert knowledge of and skill in the installation and maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring an in-depth understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Included are skills in problem solving, decision making, technical/project leadership, customer service, system documentation and communications.
- Preferred Education: Information Technology or Engineering degree
- Preferred Work Experience: 6-8 years of job related experience
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional
- Preferred Skills: Two or more years supporting QuickBooks, cloud storage services such as Box.com or Dropbox, client device networking & firewalls, and audio/visual and videoconferencing technologies.
- Additional Information: *Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements.
This position will support and maintain the technology used by laboratory, research and administrative staff at T3 Labs/GCMI, a newly merged department at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
As primary IT support for the department, the ideal candidate must be able to: develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish tasks; analyze information and evaluate results to choose and implement the best solution; and provide guidance, explanation and advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process-related issues. Candidate must possess: great attention to detail skills; excellent organizational skills; the ability to work independently; and highly effective verbal and written communication skills. Candidate should have familiarity with a variety of hardware, operating systems and applications, to include PC’s, laptops, tablets and mobile devices, Windows 7/8 and Mac OS, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Familiarity with LANDesk, SCCM/SCEP, Tanium, Windows Server 2012R2, Active Directory and Group Policies would be beneficial.
Standard work hours are Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM. Brief periods of after-hours or weekend work may be required. The ability to lift and carry computer hardware weighing up to 25 pounds is required.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: users within assigned unit which include management, faculty and staff personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: users and other support personnel. This position will supervise: N/A (project direction only).
The Global Center for Medical Innovation (GCMI) is the Southeast’s first and only comprehensive medical device innovation center, dedicated to accelerating development, building businesses and improving health. GCMI opened its doors in April 2012 and to date has worked with over 50 different startups, clinician innovators, university tech transfer offices and academic researchers to design, engineer, prototype, and facilitate commercialization of a broad range of innovative medical devices.
With 15 years of experience, T3’s mission remains – to provide high-value preclinical testing and training services to medical device, biologics, and pharmaceutical developers and manufacturers. We work with industry and academic sponsors to improve patient care by more effectively and efficiently developing and commercializing their devices and products.