GCMI and the nationally recognized Atlanta Technology Development Center (ATDC) have teamed up with Tech Square Ventures to pilot the Launch Program. Launch is designed to provide a source of early stage capital, allowing technology innovators and entrepreneurs to leverage a robust ecosystem of resources and experts to accelerate new technology startups and bring medical devices from lab to patient.
Our goal is to work closely with these entrepreneurs to accelerate development and commercialization of their technologies and establish more high growth technology and medical device companies in Atlanta.
- Between 3 – 5 medical device and technology startups will be selected
- These companies will receive a $20k – $50K investment, professional mentorship, education and connections
- GCMI will target Class I and II medical devices that focus on improving quality of patient care and hospital efficiency
- ATDC will focus on high growth potential technology companies with defendable technology
- Companies will receive introductions to potential investors for follow-on funding, including current investment partners and other interested investors
- Participants are required to complete an ATDC/GCMI designated education program
- Companies must have a disruptive, scalable business model and defendable technology/IP.
- Medical device applicants should be prepared to spend six (6) months working towards a critical milestone(s) required for follow-on funding.
- Teams will have the ability to leverage ATDC and GCMI programs and mentoring.
- At least two full-time team members (or will be with funding) with relevant domain and/or technology expertise mist be prepared to participate in the program.
Tech Square Ventures is a seed and early stage venture fund based in Technology Square in Atlanta. The fund invests in innovative technology startups in the Southeast that have the potential to transform their markets.