(September 8, 2017 – Atlanta, GA) The Medtech Women at SEMDA (MW@S) Advisory Board has announced the finalists for the inaugural class of the Top 10 Women in Southeast Medtech.
MW@S has been seeking women in the Southeastern United States making a profound contribution to the advancement of medical technology including devices and life sciences with a keen eye on the provision of value to the healthcare continuum as a whole, to the advancement of new technologies and young companies, and to the growth of the southeastern medtech network.
The 2017 MW@S Top 10 Women in Southeast Medtech Finalists
- Amy Baxter, MD, Founder and CEO, MMJ Labs Pain Relief
- Lori Chmura, CEO, Dune Medical Devices
- Julie Collins, Lead Instructor, I-Corps South
- Nancy DeMore, MD, FACS, Professor of Surgery, MUSC Breast Center, Program Director, Medical Scientist Training Program
- Maggie Galloway, CEO, Inscope Medical Solutions
- Lisa Kudlacz, VP & General Manager, Global Interventional Pain Management, Halyard Health
- Chrissa McFarlane, Founder and CEO, Patientory
- Shannon Pierce, RN, Founder and Board of Directors, CareCam Health Systems
- Julia Polk, Chief Strategy Officer & CFO, IQuity, Inc.
- Grace Powers, VP Regulatory, Brookhaven Medical
“These are just a handful of the many brilliant, inspiring women making significant contributions to the growth of Southeast’s Medical Technology ecosystem,” says Tiffany Wilson, CEO of GCMI, the Global Center for Medical Innovation and Founder and Chair of MW@S. “We aim to shine a light on them and their accomplishments at the 2017 MW@S Annual Conference in Atlanta.”
The MW@S Advisory Board reviewed for eligibility based on the following criteria:
- Shown the ability to effect positive change in the medtech and/or life science industry
- Demonstrate a willingness to share their expertise with others in the field
- Served as a role model or mentor to other female healthcare professionals
- Demonstrate a significant, measurable contribution to the southeast medtech and/or life science industry
The “spotlight” winner was originally scheduled to be named during this year’s Medtech Women at SEMDA event on Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
“With Irma affecting Florida this weekend and the pending path taking it through Atlanta as a potential tropical storm, we believe it is in the best interest of our attendees, sponsors, and other supporters to reschedule the event,” said SEMDA Executive Director Jason Rupp. “We are currently looking for alternative dates for a rescheduled event. In addition, we are considering alternatives to an in-person meeting such as webinars, lunch and learns, SEMDA’s Quarterly Meetings, etc. We will have more information as soon as possible.”
About Medtech Women@SEMDA
Medtech Women@SEMDA is a group dedicated to enhancing opportunities for women in the medtech industry. The group’s founding Advisory Board represents an impressive group of women from industry, medicine, and academia that are passionate about supporting women at all levels in their careers. SEMDA will be organizing various networking events across the region as well as webinars on a range of topics to promote leadership development and deep understanding of different industry issues. All members of the SEMDA community are encouraged to participate in this program. http://semda.net/about-us/medtech-women-board/